Day 21

 A blueberry farmer? I don't want to be that person, who started a big agriculture business and brought jobs (low paying) to the indigenous population. Or do I?

Could I use a business to transform the economy? Like I had wanted to do? Equality Corp? 

Why do I keep looking for a sign of what I'm supposed to do? Looking for something that will make me feel like, yes of course, this is the thing. 

I'm so tired. I get zero time to think about things. So little time. It's so scattered. My mom brain is scattered. 

There is a tropical blueberry species apparently. But how do I find it, and it sounds like it doesn't lend itself to cultivation. But does that preclude small scale production? It might. Like most blueberries people grow in the US are hybrids. Nobody's growing wild blueberries for sale. If I did they'd probably have to be expensive. But for personal production, I'd be interested. And maybe that would lead to something. I don't know. I worry that the time I take to even think about this is a waste. What is it's something I can't do. Well, then I will know. I hate how backwards Panama is and yet it's one of it's best qualities. It makes things not easy but in a world of abuse that can kind of be a good thing.

I don't even have good enough Spanish to talk to people. How could I talk to the indigenous. How could I talk to anyone in the biz. They are all paying low wages right? The coffee plantations? Vegetable plantations? How could I do it? How could the numbers work out?

All of this is beyond my understanding now. Could I get there, yes, but how? I think the only way is through people. It's 'who you know'. But how do I get to know them? With no car. With a small child. I am in Chiriqui. In Volcan. The agricultural capital, and one of the most elite places to live in the country. Where the wealthy retire. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 61

Day 56

Day 60